Best Air Purifier In India 2021
- Coway is loved across the world of its unique technology, award winning design and user friendly Air Purifiers.
- Its smart design ensures innovative flow path for high efficiency.
- It covers area up to 355 sq. feet suitable for living bedroom and offices.
- The filters used here are lifelong with to trap PM 10 particles.
- Smart pollution sensors represents real time air quality through initiative colors.
- Anti virus green HEPA filter made of Japanese Gingko leaves and sumac trees which has unique property to destroy the virus in air.
Best Air Purifier In India 2021
- Dyson air purifiers automatically removes 99.95% of allergens and pollutants as small as PM 0.1 including dust, pollen, mold, spores bacteria etc..
- Air multiplier technology and oscillation feature powerfully project and circulate purified air throughout the room cord length 1.9 m.
- Dual function with fan feature along with air purification.
- Dyson purifiers have a lower face velocity unlike some other conventional purifiers.
- This along with high efficiency vacuum sealed 360 degree glass HEPA filter ensures harmful ultra fine pollutants.
- The carbon filters H 13 glass filter is pleated over 200 times and densely packed with borosilicate microfibers.
- Special features including 10 air speed setting, auto mode, night mode, sleep timer and easy to clean aperture with no fast spinning.
- It is certified by Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America[AAFA].
- Aeroguard AP 700 air purifier is a perfect blend of intelligent technology and powerful performance, crafted seamlessly to provide purified air that results in a healthier environment.
- It removes 99.99% airborne viruses, 6 stages of filtration with Maxx technology.
- This has complete reduction of disease protection system with unique H1N1 Swine flu resistant filter+ lung filter+ anti bacterial filter.
- They designed with the special features Ultra silent sleep mode, auto mode, Child lock mode, multi color air quality indicator and timer model.
- The coverage area is up to 602 sq. feet.
- Electricity consumption is 43 watts.
- Certified by Asthma Society of India [ASI]
- Warranty 1 year on product and 5 years on motor.
- Sharp air purifiers has H14 HEPA filter, voluminous granular active carbon filter and a pre filter and Plasma cluster technology.
- It covers area upto 200 sq. feet which is ideal for medium rooms.
- The special features are dust and odour sensor, low noise level.
- 1 year of standard warranty.
- The filter used here is HEPA H 13 filter which captures and traps super micro dust particles up to 99.9%.
- It is ideal for 950 sq. feet that is bigger rooms.
- Moreover it has 5 stage filtration process for removal of large dust, micro particles and harmful gases.
- Another important thing is Worlds first 18 stage air purifying function, that lets control air flow to up to 18 fan speed.
- Similarly the automatic air flow control through state of art sensor that checks for any indoor gas pollutants and odour.
- As well as it comes with PM 2.5 display colour indicator, 360 degree airflow, Klarwind smart app and alexa.
- One of the highest energy efficient air purifier at 1 st grade performance.
Best Air Purifier In India 2021
- Presenting air touch i8 indoor air purifier with real time PM 2.5 meter by Honeywell, a fortune company.
- At first it covers area of 36 sq. m and CADR of 300 cu m/hr.
- In fact it measures real time pollution level inside your room.
- In addition to it has three stage advance filtration, washable pre filter, HEPA filter and removes pollutants and harmful gases.
- Approximately 3000 hours of filter life, basis the ambient pollution can work for a year if used daily 8 hours.
- Philips has Vitashield intelligent purification automatically senses air quality and removes 99.97% airborne pollutants as small as 0.003 microns.
- Moreover it purifies a standard room in just 10 minutes.
- In fact CADR value of 333 m3/hour as well as suitable for master bedroom.
- AeraSense monitors and displays real time numerical PM 2.5 levels with professional grade sensing technology.
- Similarly it removes 99.99% of bacteria and viruses including H1NI virus.
- In addition it filters out TVOCs and harmful gases like formaldehyde.
- Warranty has 2 years international.
WHAT DOES AIR PURIFIER MEAN ?
- Air purifiers are devices that have been devised in order to limit the health risks associated with breathing contaminated air.
- They may consist of simple respirators that provide protection against lower concentrations of particulate pollutants to more complex systems that can be fitted to HVAC or AHU systems in order to ensure that contaminants are filtered out before air is recirculated.
HOW INDOOR PURIFIERS WORK ?
- Air purifiers use a system of internal fans to pull the air in your home through a series of filters that remove harmful airborne particles like dust, pollen and bacteria.
- The air purifier then circulate the purified air back into the room.
- This process repeats itself several times an hour, keeping your environment healthy.
WHY DO WE NEED AN AIR PURIFIER?
Best Air Purifier In India 2021
- The EPA estimates that indoor air is two to five times dirtier than outdoor air — and sometimes up to 100 times dirtier. A good air purifier keeps you healthy.
- You love to cook, but your weekly fish fry makes the house smell like, well, fish. Air purifiers don’t only clean the air, they also help get rid of unpleasant and burnt food odors (not that you ever burn your food!).
- You may love your pet, but your furry friend releases pet dander, fur and other airborne allergens into the air in your home — not to mention the smells! Air purifiers help combat these allergens by trapping them before they settle into your home.
- Whether it’s a family member who smokes or your love for a roaring fireplace making your home smell dingy, an air purifier can help trap smoke before it ends up in your upholstery.
- Small airborne particles like pollen, mold spores and other bacteria float around in the air, causing your family to get sick. By cycling the air in the room repeatedly through internal filters, an air purifier helps remove up to 99 percent of these airborne pollutants.
- Consistent exposure to dust, pollen, dander, and other airborne particles can cause long-term breathing and health issues for you and your family. Using an air purifier in your home gives you the confidence that your lungs will be healthy for years to come.
- They come in a variety of sizes and have a variety of features that will keep the air healthy in any room of the house.
HEPA FILTERS REMOVE 99.97% OF PARTICLES
- Before we get into the different types of air purifiers on the market, let’s take a minute to discuss high-efficiency particulate arrestance, or HEPA for short.
- In order to be classified as HEPA, an air filter must remove no less than 99.97 percent of particles 0.3 microns or larger from your air.
- This standard, enforced by the Department of Energy, makes HEPA air filters the gold standard for allergen and airborne particle removal.
1. Type of air filtration technology
Choosing the right filtration technology is probably the most important part of buying an air purifier. Remember when you listed your specific air quality concerns? This is where they come into play. Different types of filters can tackle different types of indoor air pollution. It is crucial to make sure that you are getting one that can handle your specific needs.
- True HEPA filters are rated to capture at least 99.97% of particles 0.3 micrometers (µm). Units with HEPA filters may mention industry standards such as CADR or MERV values, but these numbers are not necessarily the best indicators of an air purifier’s performance.
- Carbon filters trap gaseous pollutants, such as VOCs, in the air through a process called adsorption. As these filters become more saturated, they become less effective. activated carbon filters cannot remove particle pollution from the air.
- PECO-Filter technology does not trap airborne pollutants. Instead, this patented molecular technology destroys pollutants like VOCs at the molecular level.
- Ionizers work by releasing charged ions into the air. These ions then attach to airborne particles, giving them a charge that makes them either attach to surfaces in your home (such as walls and furniture) or fall to the ground. The technology used in some ionizers can create ozone as a byproduct, which may cause a long list of harmful health effects according to CARB [CALIFORNIA AIR RESOURCES BOARD].
2. Design and ease of use
A lot of things fall under this umbrella, such as aesthetics, portability, ease of set-up and Wi-Fi accessibility. Consider the room in which you will place your air purifier. You want to choose a model integrates into your daily life with minimal interruption. For you, that may mean matching your home decor. For others, it may mean having something that they can set up and forget about. Some questions to consider include:
- What are the dimensions and weight of the air purifier unit?
- What is the size of the room in which you will place your air purifier?
- How complicated is the user interface?
- How many settings options does the unit have?
- Can the air purifier be controlled by a phone app or remote?
- Will the air purifier notify you when it is time to replace the filters?
3. Noise level
If an air purifier is too loud, the chances of you using it regularly are slim to none. Whether you like to relax in total silence or enjoy having white noise playing in the background, checking an air purifier’s sound ratings can help give you a better idea of what to expect in terms of noise. (Keep in mind, an air purifier’s noise level will change with different fan settings.) The quietest air purifiers on the market will have a dB rating of 20-40 at the lowest fan speed, while the loudest ones will be rated 50 to 70 dB and above. To put this into perspective:
- 30 dB is about the same noise level as a whispered conversation.
- 50 dB is similar to a normal conversation or moderate rainfall.
- 70 dB is as loud as running a vacuum or sitting in rush-hour traffic.
4. Energy consumption
- If you are not careful, your air purifier’s energy consumption can lead to unpleasant surprises on your monthly electricity bill.
- To keep energy costs low, try looking for units that use below 100 watts on their highest setting.
- For example, our Molecule Air uses 20 to 80 watts of energy when in use, and the Molecule Air Mini only uses 18 to 53 watts. The Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy provides an online calculator that can help you determine how the addition of an air purifier can impact your yearly energy bill.
5. Cost of maintenance
- During the life of your air purifier, you will need to replace the filter(s) regularly.
- Filter life can range from a few months to a year, depending on the pollutant levels in your home and the type of filtration technology in the unit.
- When considering the cost of an air purifier, make sure to factor in the average yearly cost of filter replacements (the cost of replacement filters multiplied by the number of times the filters need to be changed each year). Note that some air purifiers have more than one filter that will need to be replaced regularly.
- Additionally, note the air purifier’s Warranty and return policy. What happens if the air purifier breaks or you realize that it is not right for your home? When you are investing in an air purifier, you want to know that you will be in good hands if anything breaks, or if you decide to return the product.
- Best Air Purifier In India 2021
This Post contains Affiliate Links to the products. We may receive a Commission if you buy a products using these links.